Sure it always comes too soon but Pumpkin Ale Season is upon us. Most of the better know pumpkin ales like Southern Tier’s Pumpking are released in August. Lots of folks do a double take when they see them on shelf at their favorite beer store. No exception here. We try to hold off bring in pumpkin ales and Octoberfest beers for as long as we could but the expression “you snooze you lose” comes in to play if you wait too long. And we don’t want you to miss out on this great season of unique beers.
A lot of forces are in play when it comes to why fall seasonal beers begin to show up in August of even July. Major retailers demand fall product sets go into stores within days after the 4th of July. So your favorite craft brewer who wants to part of the fall set needs to have their beer ready. Once it’s bottled and delivered to the distributors well then it may as well be on the shelves of every beer store.
Below is a list of some of the fine Pumpkin Ale and Octoberfest beers and a few Ciders we are offering this season. We hope you will stop soon to check them our and make yourself up a mixed six pack to try.
- Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale
- Saugatuck Pumpkin Chai New Belguim Pumpkick
- Archadia Ale Jaw-Jacker Griffen Claw Screamin Pumpkin Ale
- Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale O’Fallon Pumpkin Beer
- Atwater Pumpkin Spice Latte Brooklyn Brewing Post Road Pumpkin Ale
- Great Lakes Brewing Sam Adams
- Summit Brewing Warsteiner
- Ace Cider Pumpkin Cider Mckenzie’s Pumkin Cider